It’s Easter! That usually means chocolate galore, but it doesn’t need to be sugar galore! If you have 10 spare minutes over the next couple of days, then throw together (literally) these healthy truffles and make them into little eggs!
Dairy free, sweetened only with dates, rich in magnesium and healthy fats, and no yukky additives, they have been a hit taste-wise with everyone I’ve given them to. I made a big batch last weekend, but guess what: there are none left!! The picture is of something similar.
Ingredients: Please note these are approximations and can be played around with. I also find that the gooeyness of the dates varies, which means the amount of oats or ground nuts also varies a little (the more gooey, the more dry I need)
- 15 to 20 dates, depending on size
- 2 tbsps gluten free oats
- 2 tbsps ground almonds or ground cashews (whizz up in a Nutribullet)
- 2 tbsps desiccated coconut (and more for rolling)
- 2 tbsps coconut oil
- 2 tbsps raw cacao powder (could use coco powder, cacao is more nutritious)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (or ground vanilla pod)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 shot cold decaff coffee (instant or fresh)
Mix everything up in the blender. Grind the nuts before adding to the main mix.
If the dates are a bit dry I blend them first with cold coffee in Nutribullet or it’s a bit lumpy. If dates are really soft, then no need.
Leave covered in fridge for 30 mins, then roll into little ball or egg sizes. I roll mine in cacao powder or desiccated coconut for prettiness!
Do like my www.facebook.com/NuBoosthealth if you’d like more recipes!!